The m-Unit V.2 is a digital control unit - the 'heart' of the vehicle's electrical system. The control box is used for switching of all necessary vehicle components and doubles as fuse panel. Its compact case has the approximate size of a cigarette box and is completely moulded in - resistant to water, weather and vibration. It is easily mounted by two M5 screws. All cable connections are made using terminal blocks. All switching operations are completely digitally controlled by a microprocessor and the latest solid-state technology - completely without mechanical relays, taking vehicle electrical systems to a new level!
Now as Basic or with Bluetooth! m.Unit blue adds an amazing amount of technology: It is now equipped with 12 inputs and 10 outputs, replaceable high-quality cable clamps and, most notably, Bluetooth® LE. This enables the m.unit blue to be connected to their ‘m.ride’ smartphone App. This feature is unique for motorcycle accessories. The m.ride App manages the entire setup and alarm system. Fault diagnostics can also be performed during operation and without having to remove the m.unit. The secure, encrypted Keyless Go function can also be used. When this function is activated and you approach your bike with your smartphone, the on-board electrical system is activated and the bike is ready to be started. It also includes that Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.). And a great new feature within the app is diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement, and on board voltage can be monitored in the App. Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset. Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter). Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal. Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
Dimensions and specifications
- Reduced standby current of 0.35 mA (equivalent to 0.00035 A) if alarm system off, and 0.48 mA (equivalent to 0.00048 A) if alarm system on - for longer battery life
Alarm system triggered by position-independent MEMS 3D gravity sensor.
Alarm system with adjustable pre-alarm and adjustable levels of sensitivity
- Alarm system can be deactivated for easy transport mode
- Integrated parking light
- Voltage range of 3V to 20V
- Can be used with 6V and 12V electrical systems
With extended voltage range,starting of an engine with a large displacement or high compression is no longer a problem
- Protected against reverse polarity
- Protected against overvoltage
- Extreme cable reduction by integrating all cables of switch or push buttons control including brake light switch in the handlebar.
Using just one cable the m-Unit V.2 isoperated via a digital bus technology (product m-Button is required)
: L/W/H: 101 x 61 x 28 mm - Weight: approx. 180 g Fixture: 2 x M5 screws, stainless steel (mounting and ground terminal), 1 x M5 screw-on terminal for battery positive Operating voltage: 3V - 20V Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C 1 x input (plus, switched) for ignition lock or m-Lock 7 x pilot input (minus/ground, switched) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam/high beam, starter, horn, brake light, kill switch or setup respectively 8 x output (plus) for left turn signal, right turn signal, low beam, high beam, starter, horn, brake light, AUX (switched plus for all other appliances) Advantages
- Control over handle bar push-buttons or conventional switch control units
- Completely replaces the fuse panel Up to 8 independent circuits are digitally monitored and de-energized in case of failures. After removal of the fault, the safety feature is automatically reset
- Diagnostics for all circuits use 15 status LEDs
- highest possible operational dependability with micro processor controlled and monitored switching operations
- flexible feature configuration due to simple device setup
- No mechanical relays - newest generation semiconductors switch quickly, free of loss and wear.
- utterly compact dimensions
- The m-Unit V.2 provides for hassle-free wiring and requires minimal wiring harnessing.
- Control of high and low beam possible with only one push-button.
- Digital hazard light control - stays on even after de-energizing the main system.
- integrated digital, load independent flasher relay (like m-Flash), timer-controlled automatic deactivation.
- selectable flasher mode with fade-in/fade-out effect like with the m-Wave! timer-controlled automatic deactivation.
- Navigation light feature selectable over all turn signals! Permanent low-light at each turn signal.
- integrated digital brake light modulator (like m-Stop), selectable flasher mode.
- integrated alarm system (gravity field sensor)
- intelligent deactivation of certain devices at engine startup
- only one cable required to control combined rear and brake lights
- completely water tight and vibration resistant