BrakeTech Axis Iron Rotors
BrakeTech Axis Iron Street/Track Rotors
The exclusive BrakeTech AXIS™ series Ductile Iron full-floaters provides a higher coefficient of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever. The patented AXIS Design floating system is many times stronger than conventional semi-floating brake rotors. The heart of this leading edge system has the floater buttons controlling radial and axial float only, they are non load-bearing. All of the considerable braking forces are channeled through the trademarked Direct-Link™ architecture, comprising over an 800% increase in surface area load transfer as compared to conventional floating brake rotors…simply far superior by design! Iron provides a higher coefficient of friction over stainless, with more feel and feedback at the brake lever. If you’re a fair weather rider, these will rust. If looks are important, choose the AXIS/Cobra stainless steel rotors shown below. Sintered pads CANNOT be used, add the Ferodo Carbon Pads found HERE.
Two thicknesses available, 5.0mm street or 6.0mm track.
PRICE IS PER ROTOR! PURCHASE TWO (2) FOR A PAIR.
- Patented AXIS Design – featuring Direct-Link™ load transfer system
- U.S. Patent No. 6,957,726
- 50% greater Tensile Strength and Fatigue Strength: Ductile Iron vs Gray Iron
- CNC machined from billet (continuous cast bar) – not porosity prone gravity cast molds
- CRYOGENIC treatment for improved wear resistance
- Greater thermal transfer capability than stainless steel
- Reduced wear from shear forces – longer rotor life
- Carriers CNC machined from premium grade billet aluminum bar – not stamped plate
- Hard-anodized to military grade specifications
- Made in the U.S.A.